By now the impact of the Coronavirus and COVID-19 disease is being felt all across our nation. The President and Governor have implored citizens to stay home when possible, and at least 6 feet away from each other when we must go outdoors, in an effort to slow the progress of the pandemic here at home.
The travel, sports, hospitality, arts, entertainment and amusement industries have ground to a halt, impacting millions of workers.
We in the Committee on Arts, Entertainment, Sports, Tourism & Internet Media wish to do our part to help our stakeholders and friends through this emergency, and to fully recover when we come out of it. We know this is a unique time in our history, and we would like to offer you the following resources:
Arts and Artists:
- The California Arts Council is working to minimize the impact to public service and address the urgent needs of our grantees. Please visit the Califorinia Arts Council's COVID-19 News and Resource page at https://arts.ca.gov/covid-19-resources/ for more information. To make sure you are up to date with the latest news and information, be sure tosubscribe to the ArtBeat e-newsletter.
- See the following link for a message from the California Arts Council Chair and Executive Director. https://mailchi.mp/arts.ca.gov/please-read-message-to-the-field-from-cac-leadership-important-updates-included?e=b9d0f4e80d
Entertainment Industry Workers:
- Entertainment Industry Foundation launches COVID-19 Response Fund for impacted workers https://deadline.com/2020/03/entertainment-industry-foundation-covid-19-response-fund-1202890269/
- Entertainment Software Association Covid-19 Resources and News
- California Association of Museums has compiled a number of resources to support California museums at https://calmuseums.org/covid-19
- California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program
Travel and Tourism:
- Letter to Governor Newsom regarding California Hotel & Lodging Association
- Letter to Governor Newsom from California Hotel & Lodging Association
- CHLA Clean + Safe Guidance for Meetings + Events
- California Responsible Travel Code
- State Park Covid-19 Resource Center
- Visit California offers travelers, amusement and hospitality industry updated information on Covid 19 @ https://mailchi.mp/visitcalifornia.com/visit-california-provides-industry-resources-on-coronavirus?e=a371a059c7
- California Association of Museums has compiled a list of Wildfire Emergency Response & Recovery Resources at https://www.calmuseums.org/Public/LEARN/Resources/Emergency%20Resources/Public/LEARN/Resources/Emergency%20Resources.aspx